09NOV2018 - JOB - Technical Superintendent - Hong Kong
You will responsible for ensuring vessels are operated and maintained in line with all statutory instruments, company policies, safety management system, industry best-practices and vessel owners requirements.
- Ensures that Health, Safety and the Environment matters are the top priority.
- Ensures vessels are operated in a safe, efficient and cost-effective manner in compliance with class and statutory and SMS requirements.
- Sets clear goals and expectations, proactively putting in place performance outcomes, corporate values and procedures for sea staff compliance.
- Provides coaching and develops Masters and Chief Engineers.
- Participates in interviews and makes recommendations regarding new-hires and promotions.
- Provides day-to-day technical and operational support and guidance to assigned vessels.
- Monitors vessel performance and ensures effective follow-up actions.
- Manages vessel budgets and operating expenditure.
- Plans, monitors and manages dry dockings and major scheduled and unscheduled repairs.
- Carries out regular vessel visits to confirm condition and compliance with company standards.
- Reviews for approval ship generated requisitions for stores, spares and repairs.
- Plans, controls and executes all activities connected to retrofit modifications of assigned vessels.
- Provides timely and accurate reports to owners and senior management regarding the performance, expenditure and condition of vessels.
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum of 2 years sailing experience as Chief Engineer with 2 years of shore-side experience as a superintendent preferred.
- Applications will also be considered from candidates with appropriate marine engineering / naval architecture or related backgrounds who also have experience in the role of superintendent operating bulk carriers.
- Membership of IMarEST and Engineering Council registration or other equivalent recognised professional registration is preferred
- Effective communicator with excellent written and spoken english language skills.
- Good interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Attributes: Ability to provide effective delegation, guidance, and leadership.
- Strong IT skills / literacy i.e. report writing.
To know more and apply visit - https://splash247.com/job/technical-superintendent-65/